Investment fund wishes to strengthen its added value within the Board of Directors
Recruitment of a Director, future Chairman of the Board of Directors
Issues : Transforming the business, Supporting growth
Sectors : Others
- An investment fund buys a majority shareholding in a new sector
- In order to secure the targeted value creation, the fund wishes to strengthen its added value within the Board of Directors
- Decision is taken to recruit a former director with an excellent track record from within the sector
Eurosearch & Associés involvement
- Eurosearch & Associés carries out a benchmark so that the investment fund can complement its knowledge of the sector and consider the various existing ambitious solutions
- Meetings with directors from various market segments (family-owned group director, international group subsidiary CEO, senior civil service director) enable the investment fund to pinpoint its actual requirements
- Decision is ultimately taken to hire a Director with a strong operational background, with the right behaviour for building constructive yet stimulating relationships with the Chairman of the Board
- Plan is to ultimately appoint this Director as Chairman of the Board of Directors
- This Director is quickly appointed Chairman of the Board of Directors
- His age does not put him in direct competition with the Chairman of the Executive Board
- His track record within the sector along with his interpersonal skills and willingness to work hands-on mean that the investment fund is able to establish very regular and comprehensive interaction with the Chairman of the Executive Board, on a financial as well as operational level.
- A few years later, the fund sees one of the best returns on its investment.