Preparing a succession plan, with the Chairman wishing to hand over operations to a Managing
- A group that designs and provides turnkey automated solutions, majority-owned by its Chairman and employees, and backed by an investment fund
- In a context of succession planning and change in shareholding, the Chairman wanted to hand over operations to a Managing Director
- A potential candidate was identified in the company and, before the official appointment, the Chairman asked Eurosearch & Associés to provide a professional and independent perspective to assess if the candidate would be a good fit for the position
- This approach also aimed to determine whether or not this internal candidate possessed the ability to change positions and take on a new role
Eurosearch & Associés involvement
- Our approach comprised a preparatory phase, getting to know the candidate’s career path, and the latter taking online self-assessment tests on workplace behavior, motivation and aptitudes
- A two-hour structured interview was conducted to understand the candidate’s professional profile, how he carried out his current responsibilities, and his vision of his future in the company. We presented the main points revealed by the tests
- We drew up an assessment report for the Chairman, incorporating all points and our answers to specific questions.
- This process was completed in two weeks
- Our recommendation was largely positive since the candidate had all the right skills to be a good deputy and to implement the Chairman’s vision while also bringing his own touch
- Certain points for improvement were also noted, which the future Managing Director will have to work on to gain in-house legitimacy and external prominence
Through this qualitative assignment in a context of internal mobility, the Chairman’s decision was secured and the handover of operational powers was prepared with regard to the Executive Committee.